Recipe for preparing Nethili fry. This recipe is based on Chef.Dhamodharan’s(chef.dhamu) recipe in his cook book.
- Nethili fish – 1/2 kg
- Red Chilli Powder – 3tspn
- Coriander Powder – 4tspn
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2tspn
- Lemon – 2 or Tamarind – Small gooseberry size
- Oil – for frying
- Salt – to taste
- curry leaves – 2strig
- Ginger garlic paste or garlic paste – 1tspn
- Wash and clean the fish (cut the head and clean it). Dust them with a little salt and turmeric powder keep them aside.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garlic paste or ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, lemon extract in a bowl and mix well.
- Add cleaned fish in this mixed masala and marinate the fish for atleast 15-30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, fry it till its crispy and keep it aside.
- Now add marinated fish, fry it till its crispy.
- Add the fried curry leaves with fried fish and serve hot.