Semolina/White Rava Kichadi
Recipe for preparing rava kichadi.
- White Rava(Sooji) – 1 cup
- Carrot(Chopped) - little less than 1/4cup
- Green beans(Chopped) – little less than 1/4 cup
- Peas – 10nos
- Big Onion – 1/2
- Small Tomato – 1
- Green Chilly slitted – 2 or 3
- Mustard Seeds – 1tspn
- Chopped Ginger – 1/4tspn
- Curry leaves – little
- Salt – to taste
- Oil, ghee – 2tblspn
- Heat little ghee in a pan. Roas the rava till the aroma comes out and set aside.
- Cook vegetables separately with little salt and keep it aside.
- Cut onion, tomato into small pieces.
- Heat oil, ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds, once it starts splutters, then add curry leaves, ginger, green chilly and fry it.
- Then add onion and fry it till its color changes. Add tomato and saute it well.
- Add cooked vegetables, little turmeric powder and mix well.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups of water and add required salt , let it to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add the rava in a flow, stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Keep the stove in low flame. Cook for a few more minutes stirring all the while.
Kichadi goes well with coconut chutney .