Ennai kathirikkai kuzhambu
Recipe for preparing Ennai Kathirikkai Kuzhambu.
- Brinjal – 8-10 small one
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4tspn
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4tspn
- Curry Leaves – 10
- Green Chilly – 3 Slit this into lengthwise
- Oil – 4tblspn
- Salt – 1/2tspn
- Sesame Seeds – 2tblspn
- Shredded Coconut – 2tblspn
- Peanut – 2tblspn
- Chopped Ginger – 1tspn
- Chopped Garlic – 1tspn
- Onion – 1/4cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4tspn
- Coriander Powder - 1/4tspn
- Red Chilli Powder – 1tspn
- Cumin Powder – 1tspn
- Tamarind Paste - 1tspn
- Slit the brinjal into 4 pieces.
- Dry fry sesame seeds, coconut, ginger, garlic, onion and peanut. Grind it with all powders and tamarind paste using 1/2cup of water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds. Once it starts splutters add brinjal, curry leaves, green chilly and fry it for a minute. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan add grounded paste, fry it till the oil comes out.
- Add fried brinjal with this, also add 1/2cup of water and salt, let it to boil.
- Cook it till the brinjals are cooked well.
- Serve it with Rice and Chapathi.