White Rava Pongal
- White Rava – 1 cup
- Splitted green gram dal – 1/2 cup
- Ginger – 1/4 tspn
- Asafoedita – little
- Ghee – 2tblspn
- Whole Pepper – 8
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2tspn
- Cashewnuts – 10
- Curry leaves – 1spring
- Fry Rava for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- Take a cooker add 1 cup water(1 cup dal:2cups water), grren gram dal and asafoedita.
- Close the lid and allow it to cook for 3whistles.
- Take a Pan add 2 cups (1 cup rava:2 cups water) water, and cooked geen gram dal and allow it to boil.
- Add some salt and allow it to boil till the dal should mix well with water.
- It starts boiling, then add little by little rava and mix well. Keep the stove in low flame.
- Heat ghee in a pan.Add curry leaves,ginger,pepper, cashewnuts and cumin seeds fry for a minute.
- Then add this mixture to pongal and mix well.
Rava Pongal goes well with Araithu Vaitha Sambar, coconut, peanut chutney.