Simple steps to prepare Fish Fry.
- Fish - 10 pieces
- Garlic powder or garlic paste - 2 tspn
- Ginger powder or ginger paste – 1 tspn
- Red chilly powder – 1 1/2 to 2 tspn (as desired)
- Curd – 1 tspn (or) beaten Egg – 1 no
- Lemon juice - 2 tspn
- Salt- as required
- Lemon ( cut into small pieces)
- Coriander leaves
- Marinate the fish with garlic, ginger,red chilly powder, curd/egg, lemon juice and salt for atleast 24 hrs.
- For better marination we can keep the fish in the freezer to marinate.
- Heat oil in a pan and when the oil is hot deep fry the fish pieces in the oil.
- For healthier cooking, heat a heavy bottomed dosa tava well and cook the fish with little oil on one side. when one side is done flip over the fish and put some more oil and cook it.
- If you have a grill or an oven fish fry can be done with very minimal oil.
- Usually fish takes a very less time to cook.
- Garnish the fish fry with lemon juice and coriander leaves.